Welcome to Camp Pepin!
6 Things Which Are Quintessentially Summer CampDec 10 2014
Summer at YMCA Camp Pepin is a fun and exciting experience where time flies by. There are literally hundreds of things to do at camp, which makes it impossible not to miss them when you are not here. Below are a few things to remind you of camp on these cold winter evenings:
- Beautiful Waterfront: Seeing a canoe or kayak is sure to remind you of your unforgettable summers at camp. From sailing to paddle boarding to fishing, YMCA Camp Pepin has variety of water activities to fill your day. Lake Pepin is a magnificent lake with Crystal-clear, sparkling water waiting for you!
- Arts & Crafts: According to the American Camp Association (ACA), arts and crafts is among the five most popular activities at summer camp, and why wouldn't it be? Kids simply love spending a part of their day in a place filled with glitter, paint, scissors, beads, and other craft items. With arts and crafts, the possibilities are endless.
- Campfires: A campfire is a big part of all the camps we offer at YMCA Camp Pepin. The activities, songs and traditions differ from camp to camp. However, one thing that remains consistent is the sacred relevance the campfire holds. The fire symbolizes camp life, and the burning wood serves as a reminder of picturesque settings in woods of Wisconsin.
- Camp Songs: What better place to sing, cheer and shout than camp? We love singing at YMCA Camp Pepin! Whether in the cabin, on the stage or around a campfire, camp songs are a big part of summer life. The slightest reminder of a camp lyric or tune will surely have you reminiscing about your summers spent here.
- S'mores: A summer isn't complete without s'mores! And besides, it's hard to resist the pleasure of melted marshmallows and chocolate sandwiched between two graham crackers. Just one bite is enough to bring instant memories of camp.
- Cabins: You might think: "What's so special about a cabin?'" Well, they are much more than places where counselors and campers sleep. It's where everyone becomes a family, memories are made and friendships are nurtured.
We are busy preparing for our 80th year of summer camp at YMCA Camp Pepin in 2015. Our camp program guide will be available soon. We can't wait to share another unforgettable summer with you!
SAVE THE DATE: Breakfast With SantaNov 21 2014
BREAKFAST WITH SANTA
Saturday, December 13th / 10am-12pm
At YMCA Camp Pepin, we make it our job to provide family time by bringing families together to have fun and grow together. Create unforgettable memories with your family this holiday season and join us for a fun-filled morning including: fellowship, a delicious pancake breakfast, making a keepsake holiday ornament, a sleigh ride provided by Hay Creek Stables, and of course, SANTA! Don't forget your camera!
The cost is $5 per person and $20 maximum per family.
Giving Tuesday: December 2ndNov 17 2014
YMCA Camp Pepin has joined #GivingTuesday, a first of its kind effort that will harness the collective power of a unique blend of partners-charities, families, businesses and individuals-to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season. Coinciding with the Thanksgiving Holiday and the kickoff of the holiday shopping season, #GivingTuesday will inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they support and help create a better world.
#GivingTuesday is a counter narrative to Black Friday and Cyber Monday because it reminds us that the spirit of the holiday giving season should be about community and not just consumerism. The most meaningful gift we can give our children, loved ones, friends and neighbors is the commitment to work together to help build a better world.
Join YMCA Camp Pepin's #GivingTuesday initiative to get more kids to camp next summer and change their life for good. The need is great and I'd really appreciate your help. DONATE NOW.
YMCA Camp Pepin Director